Job Code: LPAE
Position Type: Full-Time
Company: DiCon Fiberoptics, Inc.
Location: Richmond, CA
Lighting Product Applications Engineer
DiCon Fiberoptics, Inc. is a well-established photonics technology company based in the San Francisco
Bay Area. Over the last three decades, the company has developed many patented technology
platforms in the optical communication and solid-state lighting industries. The company has strong
vertically integrated capabilities, allowing it to respond to ever-changing customer needs as well as
create new markets. This position pertains specifically to the DiCon Lighting business in which we
develop industry leading lighting fixtures for feature films, television studios, aquariums, and more.
Several features include Star Wars, Marvel, and Stranger Things.
We currently have an opening for the Lighting Product Applications Engineer position. The job
responsibilities and qualification requirements are summarized as follows:
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Work as a cross-functional coordinator among manufacturing, product development, engineering, sales,
and marketing teams.
- Participate in new product design, improvement, and troubleshooting.
- Support sales teams and interact with customers directly on technical issues.
- Educate team members as well as customers on company’s products, technologies.
- Create technical documentation such as manuals, CAD drawings, and datasheets.
- Occasional travel to attend and support tradeshow booths and field installations.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Background in Science or Engineering. Preferably with a BS in Physics, Electrical Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering, or related.
- Good data organization and presentation skills.
- Comfortable with industrial fast-moving environment and able to accomplish tasks under tight
- Coding and hands-on experience with gadgets, crafts, and machinery are a plus. This position
covers from lighting design simulations, to building fixtures, to installation.
Interested parties please indicate job code, LPAE, and submit your resume to