Job Code: HE
Position Type: Full-Time
Company: DiCon Fiberoptics, Inc.
Location: Richmond, CA
Great career opportunity with established and rapidly growing technology company
DiCon has an immediate need for a Hardware Engineer, to design and develop the electronics
that are associated with our products. The position will be focused primarily on the
development of solid-state lighting products for DiCon Lighting, from initial concept to
production ramp-up, although there may also be some work related to DiCon’s optical
communications products. As such, the primary function for this position is the board-level
design and development of control electronics and LED driver circuitry for a broad range of
solid-state lighting products. In addition to the development of new products, there will be a
major focus on the redesign of the electronics for existing products, to achieve major
reductions in size and cost, as well as performance improvements. The position also includes
partial ownership of DiCon’s hardware development process, with responsibility for identifying
and implementing process improvements that will reduce time-to-market, lower costs, and
improve product quality and reliability. The position requires working closely with FW/SW
engineers, optical engineers, mechanical engineers and industrial designers, as well as
manufacturing engineers, QA, field application engineers, and representatives from sales and
Qualifications & Requirements
- BSEE minimum, MSEE preferred.
- Industry experience in circuit design, primarily at the board level, is strongly preferred.
- Must have experience in designing digital circuits, including microprocessors and microcontrollers. Experience with LED driver circuitry is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in PADS, OrCAD, PowerPCB, or equivalent software, for board layout.
- Experience with wireless device architectures, using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc., and “Internet of Things” architectures, is preferred.
- Experience with communications bus architectures (I 2 C, RS485, RS232, USB, DMX-512, Ethernet, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred. Experience in designing products for cost-sensitive consumer applications is a plus.
- Must have excellent hardware troubleshooting skills, and experience with firmware debugging tools is a plus.
- Must be able to work both independently and as a team player, meeting tight delivery schedules, and juggling multiple simultaneous project assignments.
Play a key role in the photonics revolution that is driving the development of leading-edge optical devices for
communications networks! Our talented team, on-site state-of-the-art facilities, and emphasis on vertical
integration have made us industry leaders for 30+ years. For information on DiCon Fiberoptics and our
products, please visit www.diconfiberoptics.com .
Interested parties, please indicate the assigned job code shown above when applying for this position, and
email your resume to