Company:DiCon Fiberoptics, Inc.
Position: Software / Firmware Engineer
Job Description & Responsibilities
DiCon has an immediate opening for a Software/Firmware Engineer to design, develop, and test firmware, embedded software, and Windows-based manufacturing automation and testing programs.
This position will have two primary functions:
- Develop embedded firmware that will control the functionality of DiCon's optical modules, LED illuminators, and chassis-level systems.
- Develop module and system level testing software for optical testing, firmware/hardware tests, automated calibration and configuration, and other manufacturing tests.
The engineer will have responsibility for all aspects of software and firmware development, including requirements specification, initial design, coding, debugging, documentation, and development of test procedures and tools. The position requires extensive interfacing with hardware engineers, manufacturing engineers, QA engineers, field application engineers, and representatives from sales and marketing. The engineer will support manufacturing & QA with firmware and software upgrades, and support marketing with requested demo programs and related sales tools.
This is a combination Software and Firmware developer position. Your skills may tilt toward either Software or Firmware, but you should have some experience with both.
- BS or MS in computer/electrical engineering, computer science, physics or applied math
- 3+ years of experience with software and/or firmware development experience
- Extensive experience and expert level skill in one or more of C/C++, C#, or Visual Basic
- Experience in Object-Oriented Design, multi-threaded programming, and data structures
- Development experience with several of the following I/O interfaces: USB, I2C, SPI, GPIB, RS485, RS232, and TCP/IP
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player, meeting tight delivery schedules, and juggling multiple simultaneous project assignments
Interested parties please indicate the assigned job code, ENG-FWSW, and email your resume to email@example.com or fax to (510) 620-4104.
- Experience with WinCE development is a plus
- Experience with laboratory instruments such as logical analyzers, oscilloscopes, and power meters.
- Experience with remote instrument control and automation
- Experience with .NET, Win32, or MFC
- Experience and knowledge of optical component characterization and parametric testing, including PDL, IL, WDL etc., is a plus
- Experience with software/firmware/hardware integration and troubleshooting
- Ability to understand basic hardware/circuit schematics and digital logic
- Experience with Subversion and/or Mercurial
- Mobile application development experience is a plus
Join Our Team
Please fax, email or send your resume to:
DiCon Fiberoptics, Inc.
1689 Regatta Blvd.,
Richmond, CA 94804